- If you have failed, you should follow the directions given in class and write to your teacher if you need.
- If you have passed English this year there are many ways of keeping it alive without having to study grammar or read thick books during the summer. These are some of the things you can do:
|by Ángel Hernández Gómez-ITE|
- Listen to songs in English, read the lyric and maybe even sing along. There are many websites where you can find the lyrics of your favourite songs in English.
- Watch our favourite TV programmes and films in English and even read the subtitles in English. this is a good option if we can't grasp much of what is being said.
- There is an interesting website where you can find short audio files to practise your English, audio-lingua.eu. Just choose levels A1 or A2.
- Read the news in English. Many newspapers have an interesting and easy to read website if we are learning English: USA Today, BBC English, Time, Newsweek, New York Times, etc. or choose a specific newspaper for English language learners, such as News in Levels.
- It's also a good occasion to have a look at the materials we've been making this year for our eTwinning project, The Voice of Europe.
- And finally, just pay attention of whatever you see around. There are lots of notices, instruction booklets, etc. in English and you can certainly understand more than you problably think.