This blog has been designed to provide information about the activities held at the social studies bilingual sections in CPI Tino Grandío (Guntín,Spain). The English language and Social Studies teachers have elaborated most of the resources you can see but our "auxiliares de conversa" also have their own page and posts. Therefore everyone is invited to have a look .

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Past perfect tense

The Past Perfect expresses the idea that something happened before another action in the past. It can also show that something happened before a specific time in the past.

EXAMPLES:

  • I had never seen such a beautiful Christmas tree before I went to Madrid.
  • I went to the police station because I had lost my credit card.
  • Lisa knew my sister very well, because she had studied at school with her.
  • Had Peter ever studied Chinese before he moved to China?
  • I had never seen a koala before I went to the zoo.

PAST PERFECT EXERCISES:

PAST PERFECT AND SIMPLE PAST EXERCISES:
PAST TENSE





COMPARISON OF PAST TENSES




No comments:

Post a Comment