|2nd type conditional sentence|
- If I were a rich woman, I would travel around the world. I think it is very unlikely that I will be rich. However, in this unlikely condition, I will travel around the world.
- If I weren't / wasn't watching TV now, I would be playing tennis. I am watching TV, but I am imagining an alternative activity I would be doing if I wasn't watching TV
- If you had a bigger dog, your house would be protected. You don't have a big dog, but I am imagining how protected you would be if you had one.
- If I were an alien, I would be able to travel around the universe. It is impossible for me to be an alien. However, I am imagining what I would do in this situation.
- We would go to Paris this summer if we passed all our subjects. That is our plan but, unfortunatelly, we know we are not going to pass all our subjects.
If + past simple + conditional (would)
Conditional (would) + if + past simple
Verb be is usually were for all subjects; was (1st & 3rd person) is colloquial.
If I were a rich man (Fiddler in the Roof-movie)
If today was your last day (Nickleback)
If I were a boy (Beyonce)
- Malted ESO-4 unit 7 (Gwineth and the Wizard)
- Exercise 1: unit 5 in your text book
- Exercise 2: write the correct verb forms (1st & 2nd type conditionals)
- Exercise 3: Englisch Hilfen
- Exercise 4: Englisch Hilfen
- Exercise 5: Ego4you
- Exercise 6: Ego4you
- Exercise 7: Ego4you-with auxiliary verbs
- Exercise 8. First English
- Exercise 9: English for you
- Exercise 10: ESL lounge
- Exercise 11: Edu GE
- Exercise 12: Speak Speak
- Exercise 13: English exercises
- Exercise 14: English Area