This blog has been designed to provide information about the activities held at the social studies bilingual sections in CPI Tino Grandío (Guntín,Spain). The English language and Social Studies teachers have elaborated most of the resources you can see but our "auxiliares de conversa" also have their own page and posts. Therefore everyone is invited to have a look .

Sunday, March 13, 2011

First Post

Hello All,
Welcome to my newly-created spot on the bilingual sections blog. Here I will add information and (perhaps) interesting details concerning my work for the bilingual sections. I hope you enjoy it.

My work for the social studies section has so far consisted of editing texts for the history courses and suggesting added material. Although this work can be tedious, I have often found it very interesting because history is one of my favorite subjects, and many of the historical events studied at Tino Grandio are different than those studied in history classes in America. I particularly learned a lot from the section about Garibaldi and the unification of Italy, as well as the section about the Carlist wars in Spain.

Soon we will begin the work of recording my reading of the history units. I am working on my radio voice, and Ana and Maite are preparing the recording equipment, so with any luck these recordings will turn out well. They will certainly be a great resource for improving your listening and speaking in English. I hope you will make the most of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment