Now our school year is almost over we have to start thinking of how to keep our English alive without having to study grammar or read thick books during our holidays. There are many things we can do:
- Listen to songs in English, read the lyric and maybe even sing along. There are many websites where you can find the lyrics of your favourite songs in English.
- Watch our favourite TV programmes and films in English and even read the subtitles in English. this is a good option if we can't grasp much of what is being said.
- Read the news in English. Many newspapers have an interesting and easy to read website if we are learning English: USA Today, BBC English, Time, Newsweek, New York Times, etc.
- There are also specific websites for students of English as a second language such as Topics, and you'll find a directory of on-line newspapers here.
- And finally, just pay attention of whatever you see around. There are lots of notices, instruction booklets, etc. in English and you can certainly understand more than you problably think.