This blog has been designed to provide information about the activities held at the social studies bilingual sections in CPI Tino Grandío (Guntín,Spain). The English language and Social Studies teachers have elaborated most of the resources you can see but our "auxiliares de conversa" also have their own page and posts. Therefore everyone is invited to have a look .

Friday, April 12, 2013

Interview with Sarah Adams

Our "auxiliar de conversa", Sarah E. Adams, was interviewed by the students in the ESO-3 bilingual group:


WHAT JOBS DID YOU HAVE IN THE USA?
I've had a lot of jobs and my first one was at a grocery store, I worked there over two years and then, when I got to school I started working in a day care and when I came home for the summers I worked at a store called Bath and Body Works which sells cosmetic products and lotions and perfume and things like that. And I also worked in a movie theater selling concession and then I got a job teaching English as a second language part time at a language institute and then I was a full-time pre-school teacher before I came here and I think that's all.
ARE HOUSES IN THE USA AND SPAIN DIFFERENT?
Yes, very different. I know that houses are different in different parts of each country but at least between Galicia and Florida they're extremely different, All the houses you have made of stone and slate here, we don't have any houses like that, nobody makes houses of stone in Florida because it's so hot. They are all made out of very light materials... I don't know about the size because I actually haven't been in a house here, I have only been in apartments, but they're usually very open in Florida, they have outdoor patios in the back, which I haven't seen here. Yeah.

IN YOUR OPINION, WHAT IS THE BEST PLACE TO LIVE?
In my opinion, I have always wanted to live somewhere near the beach, somewhere near the coast. Preferable where it is not too cold, where it doesn't rain too much, so probably I will try to live somewhere like Florida or California when I get older and buy a house and stuff like that.

WHAT IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACE IN SPAIN IN YOUR OPINION?
Well, unfortunately I haven't been lucky enough to see all of Spain yet and I don't know if I'll have time to, but of the places that I've been to I really like a Coruña as a city and I love the coast, and the lighthouse and the rocks and just the coastline was gorgeous and the color of the water is absolutely beautiful, so that's my favorite place so far.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF PEOPLE IN GALICIA?
I think everybody here is really nice. Everyone I've met I feel like could be my neighbor or something. I think it's because Lugo at least is a small town, but in general when I've travelled in Galicia everyone has sort of that same vibe from being from a small town or a familiar area so I find people to be very sweet and kind and caring, familiar. Very nice.

WHAT PLACE WOULD YOU LIKE TO VISIT IN THE FUTURE?
I basically would like to see the whole world if I could, oh, it's hard to make a short list. But I would really like to travel in Central and South America. I would like to see more of the US because I've only been to a few parts of it. I'd like to go to Australia, now that I've made friends from Austrailia. I want to see more of Italy, I'd like to see Germany, I wanna go to Portugal, around England. Lots of places in Europe. Yeah. I would go almost anywhere but I think I am least interested in travelling in Asia and Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment