This blog has been designed to provide information about the activities held at the social studies bilingual sections in CPI Tino Grandío (Guntín,Spain). The English language and Social Studies teachers have elaborated most of the resources you can see but our "auxiliares de conversa" also have their own page and posts. Therefore everyone is invited to have a look .

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Interview to Taylor Matherly

What's your name?
My name is Taylor Elizabeth Matherly.

 Have you got any brothers or sisters?
I do. I have one brother. He's nineteen and his name is Grant.

What are your hobbies?
I like to read. I like to go to the gym. I like to listen to music and I like to watch movies.

Where are you from?
I am from Durham, North Carolina (USA).

Can you tell us about your city?
Yeah, Durham is a city in North Carolina. It's a little bit bigger than Lugo but not much. Ah... we are famous for our three universities and our baseball team. And it is... it gets cold, but not very cold in the winter but it gets very hot in the summer.

What do you like and dislike about Lugo?
Let's see. I like about Lugo. I like the people, I like that you can walk anywhere. It's a nice city to walk around, but what I dislike is that stores close during siesta and on Sundays.

What is different between Galicia and the USA?
Well, I'd say first of all the food is very different. I like the food in both places, it's just different. It rains more here. But other than that I'd say, well I guess TV shows are different but people are nice in both places so there's more alike than different.

What do you think about people from here?
I think that people from here are very kind. They're very willing to help, so for example, if I get lost or maybe I don't understand something or know how to say something people are always willing to help.

Did you visit other places in Spain?
I have. I studied in college in Sevilla so I visited Granada and Cordoba, other places in the south. And in Galicia I've been to Vigo, to Ourense, I've been to places around A Coruña and I've been to Madrid and Barcelona.

Which of the places that you visited in Spain did you like the most?
Well, I liked Barcelona a lot, it's a very beautiful city. I liked Madrid and then ... I don't know, I liked all the places. I guess my favourite would be Barcelona, though.

If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
I've always wanted to go to Prague in the Czech Republic.

What do you miss about America?
I miss the food, but most of all, I miss my friends and I miss my family.

What will you do next year?
Next year I'll do the same thing I'm doing now but in a school in Madrid.



No comments:

Post a Comment