|Students' certificate for our project|
Our students using different methods will enquire about the usage/importance of their mobile phones (frequency, applications, texting, phone calls, etc.) and constant feedback will be received from the partner schools.
- Subjects: Cross Curricular, European Studies, Foreign Languages, Informatics / ICT, Media Education
- Languages: EN
- Pupil's age: 12 - 16
- Tools to be used: Chat, e-mail, Forum, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Project Diary, Twinspace, Web publishing
- Aims:The final aim is to create a newspaper and/or online blog where students can publish all their articles about mobile phones trying to get a critical perspective of their importance and usefulness for European teenagers.
- Work process:The students from our schools will decide on the aspects to be dealt with and then they will try to enrich the monthly topics created with their descriptions, charts, photos, sms language, etc. They will make at least one survey about phones that can help to answer various questions from what are the favorable means of communication with friends and parents to what appliccations they prefer in their mobile phones. Students will collect data using different methods: questionnaires, interviews, group work. Communication will take place either using the Twinspace (forums, chatroom) or using social networks. If this last option is chosen, a common hashtag will have to be used.
- Expected results:An increase of cooperative skills and competence. Better ICT competence. An improvement of our students communicative competence in English. A critical view of our use of technologies.