This blog has been designed to provide information about the activities held at the social studies bilingual sections in CPI Tino Grandío (Guntín,Spain). The English language and Social Studies teachers have elaborated most of the resources you can see but our "auxiliares de conversa" also have their own page and posts. Therefore everyone is invited to have a look .

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Email from Sarah Stahl, our "auxiliar de conversa" for next year

Dear students,
My name is Sarah and I am going to be your new "auxiliar" next year. I was born in a small city in western Michigan called Muskegon. I grew up in two even smaller cities called Whitehall and Montague. When I was a kid, I liked to go to the beach (both Whitehall and Montague are located very close to Lake Michigan, one of the five Great Lakes in the United States), go to the park, and watch movies. I went to college at a small state college in Allendale, Michigan called Grand Valley State University. At GVSU, I studied Spanish, French and Secondary Education. While I was at GVSU, I was able to study at the University of Guadalajara In Guadalajara, Jalisco Mexico, the second largest city in Mexico. After I got my B. A. (Bachelor's of the Arts) in Spanish, I worked for a short time as a substitute teacher, a migrant Head Start teacher, and a bilingual teacher assistant. Then, I moved to Ohio to work on my M. A. (Master's of the Arts) at the Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio, the largest city and capital of the state of Ohio. At OSU, I studied Peninsular (Spanish) and Latin American Literature and taught Spanish to university students. In my free time, I like to watch movies, listen to music, read, sing in choirs, and cook. My favorite dishes to prepare are chicken cacciatore (Italian), arroz con pollo (Spanish) pollo con mole, fajitas, tacos, enchiladas, and huevos rancheros (Mexican). I have two dogs, Danny Boy and Bella. Danny Boy is a Chihuahua mixed with a papillon, a small French dog, and Bella is a papillon mixed with a Pomeranian. I look forward to meeting you all. I am very excited to travel to Spain. I have seen pictures of Lugo on the web and on You-tube and your city looks very beautiful. I bet you are very proud of it!

  
Have a great summer!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment